23 Executive Orders on Guns, Barack Obama, Jan. 16, 2013 | excerpted from Zero Hedge
Dear God save us from the vile, collectivist shitbag who happens to be President at the moment. Seriously, who does this man and his minions think we are? I.e.
…16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes…
Oh really? Perhaps I will ask my doctor if he likes anal sex in his home as that might be unhealthful. Too livid to type, I point you to SilverRhino responding to another on ZeroHedge who summed this up:
List of the 23 Executive Orders is as follows:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Number 1: just freed up ALL federal agencies (including the IRS) to share data for the NICS check system currently in place.
Number 2: just trashed HIPAA’s privacy guarantees for your health information when it relates to a gun. So now, any time a doctor asks “Do you have guns” or even asks family memebers … all that information can be collated into the NICS system as well.
Number 4: Allows the Attorney General to add entire classes of people to the no guns categories in a form 4473. If you make it to the “No Fly” list for the TSA … kiss your ability to purchase a weapon goodbye.
Number 5: Allows for LE officers to perform theft under color of law by requiring background checks before handing your property back to you.