Part of being prepared is accepting that you don’t know everything, and taking the steps to round out your knowledge.
I’d love to keep you on my website, but even if I could devote all of my time to producing great content, I could never provide all the information you’ll need—there just aren’t enough hours in the day.
That’s why I’ve compiled a list of resources that I believe will be valuable to you.
Below, you’ll find a list of blogs, podcasts, books, magazines, and YouTube channels loaded with information that will be valuable to everyone from beginners to seasoned preppers.
Prepping, self-reliance, and survival blogs
via 88 Resources for the Beginning Prepper | Preparing for the Worst.
- The Backyard Homestead Guide to Raising Farm Animals: Choose the Best Breeds for Small-Space Farming, Produce Your Own Grass-Fed Meat, Gather Fresh Rabbits, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cattle, & Bees by Gail Damerow
- Basic Butchering of Livestock & Game by John J. Mettler
- Build the Perfect Bug Out Bag: Your 72-Hour Disaster Survival Kit by Creek Stewart
- Emergency Food Storage & Survival Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to Keep Your Family Safe in a Crisis by Peggy Layton
- The Forager’s Harvest: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants
- Grow Great Grub: Organic Food from Small Spaces by Gayla Trail
- A Guide to Canning, Freezing, Curing & Smoking Meat, Fish & Game by Wilbur F. Eastman
- How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It: Tactics, Techniques, and Technologies for Uncertain Times by James Wesley Rawles
- The Prepper’s Cookbook: 300 Recipes to Turn Your Emergency Food into Nutritious, Delicious, Life-Saving Meals by Tess Pennington
- Extreme Survival
- Rosemary Gladstar’s Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner’s Guide: 33 Healing Herbs to Know, Grow, and Use by Rosemary Gladstar
- SAS Survival Handbook, Revised Edition: For Any Climate, in Any Situation by John ‘Lofty’ Wiseman
- Secret Garden of Survival: How to grow a camouflaged food- forest. by Rick Austin
- Shelters, Shacks, and Shanties: The Classic Guide to Building Wilderness Shelters (Dover Books on Architecture) by D. C. Beard
- The Survival Medicine Handbook: A Guide for When Help is Not on the Way by Joseph Alton, M.D.
- Survival Mom: How to Prepare Your Family for Everyday Disasters and Worst-Case Scenarios by Lisa Bedford
- Survival Wisdom & Know How: Everything You Need to Know to Thrive in the Wilderness
- The Trapper’s Bible: Traps, Snares & Pathguards Dale Martin
- Water Storage: Tanks, Cisterns, Aquifers, and Ponds for Domestic Supply, Fire and Emergency Use–Includes How to Make Ferrocement Water Tanks by Art Ludwig
- When Technology Fails: A Manual for Self-Reliance, Sustainability, and Surviving the Long Emergency, 2nd Edition Matthew Stein