UPDATED 5AM EST Apr 24, 2013:
Confirmation that Abdul Rahman Ali Al-Harbi, the Saudi national and initial “person of interest,” is indeed being deported this week now is spreading across the Internet. More details are emerging this weekend as Arabic sources and Saudi papers themselves are confirming “rumors” swirling in the US. (more at bottom)
Moreover, the Saudi papers are detailing the visit by the Obamas, especially Michelle to the hospital and this man. The “rumors” of the President meeting with Saudi officials in the hospital just prior to his “approved deportation” is a bragging right in their press.
More notable is the assertions that Abdul Rahman Ali Al-Harbi is free an clear of terrorist ties, when in fact over 10 names from his clan are already linked to Al-Qaeda.
Many from Al-Harbi’s clan are entrenched in terrorism and are members of Al-Qaeda as identified by the Islamic governments.
Out of a list of 85 terrorists listed by the Saudi government shows several of Al-Harbi clan to have been active fighters in Al-Qaeda:
- #15 Badr Saud Uwaid Al-Awufi Al-Harbi
- #73 Muhammad Atiq Uwaid Al-Awufi Al-Harbi
- #26 Khalid Salim Uwaid Al-Lahibi Al-Harbi
- #29 Raed Abdullah Salem Al-Thahiri Al-Harbi
- #43 Abdullah Abdul Rahman Muhammad Al-Harbi (leader)
- #60 Fayez Ghuneim Humeid Al-Hijri Al-Harbi [Source]
Then you have Al-Harbi clan members in Gitmo: