FIRST LADY OF LUXURY TRAVEL: THE COSTLY TRIPS
SPAIN: AUGUST 2010
- Michelle Obama and 40 of her friends paid for personal expenses, such as hotels and meals themselves.
- But the U.S. taxpayer would have paid for the 68-strong security detail, personal staff and use of presidential jet Air Force Two.
- Payment for the secret service team ran at around $281 each – nearly $98,000 for the duration of the summer break.
- Use of Air Force Two comes in at $149,900 for the round trip, not including time on the ground.
- Mrs Obama’s personal staff, of which there were an unknown number, should also be taken into account
HAWAII: DECEMBER 2010 Continue reading