RAMAPO,NY – Federal authorities raided private Jewish schools and businesses in Rockland County to see if millions of federal dollars earmarked for education technology were misused.FBI agents conducted 22 separate search warrants at yeshivas and offices in the town of Ramapo on Wednesday afternoon, the Journal News reported. Agents were seen going in and out of a private business in Monsey, removing computer hard drives and documents.The investigators asked them to provide records of equipment allegedly bought through the federal government’s E-Rate program, which pays for technology in schools, the newspaper reported…more: Yeshivas Investigated
Please note that the WPIX-TV article from which my post was derived did not publish the photo (above) of the accused. WPIX instead published a pointless stock photo of an unrelated apartment with no people in it. You might ask why.
Coram (Long Island) N.Y. — Suffolk County Police uncovered a large drug operation allegedly run by father and son. Police found 730 grams of cocaine, 318 grams of heroin, 36 grams of oxycodone and $200,000 in cash at the Fearon’s home at 1902 Avalon Pines Drive in Coram. Joseph Fearon, 40, lives there. He was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal use of drug paraphernalia. His son, Jasheme, 23, lives in Middle Island. He was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal impersonation, a New York parole warrant and a bench warrant… WPIX-TV
Supporters of license plate readers are fond of saying that unless you’re a criminal, you needn’t fear the invasive technology. But those who adhere to that argument should consider just a few examples from around the country:
- A police officer in Washington D.C. pleaded guilty to extortion after looking up the plates of cars near a gay bar and blackmailing the car’s owners.
- The DEA contemplated using license plate readers to monitor people who were at a gun show. Since the devices can’t distinguish between those who are selling illegal guns and those who aren’t, a person’s presence at the gun show would have landed them in a DEA database.
- A SWAT team in Kansas raided a man’s house where his wife, 7-year-old daughter, and 13-year-old son lived based in part on the mass monitoring of cars parked at a gardening store. The man was held at gunpoint for two hours while cops combed through his home. The police were looking for a marijuana growing operation. They did not find that or any other evidence of criminal activity in the man’s house.
With these stories firmly in mind, the New York Civil Liberties Union’s latest license plate reader discovery is all the more chilling. Continue reading
An NYPD captain lost 30 days of paid vacation Thursday for pointing his gun at two skinny kids harmlessly playing tag on a Brooklyn street — and profanely ordering the pair to drop face down.
“Motherf—–, get on the ground!” a hyped-up Capt. Brian McCaughey shouted with his weapon needlessly drawn, according to relatives of the two boys and sources.
He then handcuffed 13-year-old Kesean Smalls as frightened 12-year-old Jahniel Hinds cowered behind his mother on the evening of Sept. 13, 2013, according to family members.
Minutes earlier, the boys were playing tag outside…
View original post 443 more words
The search and drama continues in the Damamora, NY, area, as the two escaped prisoners have the entire search team of 500, completely baffled. Dogs picked up scent about one mile from the Clinton County (NY) Correctional Facility but nothing further. Dogs from Connecticut, may only be able to smell money, or New York politicians that are wanna-be Connecticut leaders, such as New York State governor and his SAFE Act. The Vermont team, maybe they get lost beyond a ski slope and a hot cocoa. What is known as fact is, the ratio of 500:2 [250:1], indicates that any Patriot uprising would completely ruin efforts of government. Now, in a face saving effort, officials in New York are “hopeful” that the escapees will be captured “by the end of the week”. If the duo were not murderers, damn it, I would be rooting, for them! Wait! Maybe we can get the…
View original post 23 more words
…If the teacher was black and the attacker white the Obama Media would be screaming the attack is a hate crime…
- Attack occurred Wednesday at Alverta B. Gray Schultz Middle School in Hempstead, New York
- Mother Annika McKenzie, 34, breached security by getting into building
- Believed math teacher Catherine Engelhardt had touched her daughter, 12
- McKenzie allegedly attacked her, with students joining
- One of them was allegedly McKenzie’s 14-year-old niece
- McKenzie and the niece were arrested at the scene and charged
- Engelhardt was unconscious for several minutes and taken to hospital…
via Give Me Liberty.
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — An NYPD officer charged with rape remained free on bail weeks later, and CBS2 caught up with him and his attorneys about a new piece of evidence.
Sosa was charged with rape, committing a criminal sex act, sexual misconduct, sexual abuse, and acting in a manner injurious to a child under 17, police said.
The girl involved was 16 at the time of the incident and is now 17, police sources said.
Sosa allegedly met the girl at a church they both attended where the officer is one of the leaders, sources said. The church practices out of hotels in the Bronx, sources said.
But as Sosa left Bronx Criminal Court in silence Friday afternoon, his attorneys claimed new evidence shows…
View original post 221 more words