SHTF doesn’t generally drop by at the best of times. In fact, SHTF thrives and grows exponentially under more adverse circumstances. So, suck it up, put on your boots, and power through it – SHTF doesn’t care and neither can you!
- SHTF doesn’t care about inclement weather – snow, hail, tornadoes and hurricanes all just add to the party atmosphere for SHTF.
- SHTF doesn’t care that you sprained your ankle, broke your leg or are otherwise less than ambulatory. If you have to bug out without a vehicle, you have to bug out, regardless of your injury status.
- SHTF doesn’t care that you decided to start prepping after the trip to Disneyworld (because that trip is expensive) Continue reading
The grey man directive, some say, cannot be learned. Some insist that being a grey man is just something you are–or you’re not. In this article and companion video, we take you inside the mind of a grey man, a man that understands the importance of blending in, careful to exist in the fringes between the pendulum swings of social paradigms. In most urban survival situations we will likely face at home, being grey is your best course of action to avoid kinetic confrontation. There is no complete manual on how to be grey; no written instruction to guide you. It’s instinctual, environmental, and situational dependent.
via Survival Think Tank: The Grey Man Directive.
Well, this is frightening in all of its sterile and thoroughly restrained legal-ese. Posse comitatus anyone? Actually, as long as there is an Executive Order, the Constitution, judiciary, legislature and case law all no longer apply if I recall correctly. I.e.:
The following self-learning course from the U.S. Army Military Police School, which was formerly located at Fort McClellan, describes procedures for military police involvement in civil disturbance operations. The course makes it clear that temporary detention facilities in the event of a civil disturbance overloading local resources would be operated under existing military doctrine for internment facilities. The course cites U.S. Army FM 3-19.40 Internment/Resettlement Operations, which is now numbered FM 3-39.40 since its most recent revision in 2010, as the primary reference for the operation of these facilities…
“2. Application of Force.
(1) Civil disturbance operations by federal forces will not be authorized until the President is advised by the highest officials of the state that the situation cannot be controlled with nonfederal resources available. The mission of the control force is to help restore law and order and to help maintain it until such time as state and local forces can control the situation without federal help. In performing this mission, the control force may have to actively participate, not only in subduing the disturbance, but also in helping to detain those responsible for it. Control force commanders are authorized and directed to provide such active participation, subject to restraints on the use of force...”
via U.S. Army Military Police School Civil Disturbance Operations Course | Public Intelligence.
By: J Young. As a mother of three children, I strongly believe that our generation, more than any other generation in our history, must bear the burden of passing on to younger generations the preservation of liberty and a strong belief in the values that this country was founded on. If this country is going to survive the ever increasing assault on our freedoms and the impending economic catastrophe that is coming this way, it will do so because of the people who stood fast in their beliefs and took the necessary steps to meet life’s challenges head on. Continue reading
Preparedness Manual by J.R. Cook, aka The Kartogrpaher, April 2011 is—
downloadable as PDF here.
This 460 page manual has a Christian bent, and is chock full of detailed information. Re-distribute as you see fit. GE.
A long and thought provoking read authored by CentOre:
” One of the most crucial decisions a ‘prepper’ will ever have to make is deciding when to stop preparing, and instead, begin surviving. This is especially difficult when the life one has still contains the last dregs of normality… ” see here at SurvivalBlog.com.
“...In my opinion becoming self reliant is by far the most important thing to concentrate on. Total self reliance is the goal of most preppers that are in the community for the long run. Remember that prepping is a change in lifestyle and not just something you do just for emergencies. If you look at how dependent we are on a system that can not even sustain its self then you see how important it is to wean your self from that system...” via The Retreat.
“…According to Mitchell (who is a senior fellow at the Cato Institute), some wealthy Europeans are preparing for a level of chaos in their respective countries worthy of the title, “apocalyptic.” In Mitchell’s words:
About a year ago, I spoke at a conference in Europe that attracted a lot of very rich people from all over the continent, as well as a lot of people who manage money for high-net-worth individuals.
What made this conference remarkable was not the presentations, though they were generally quite interesting. The stunning part of the conference was learning — as part of casual conversation during breaks, meals, and other socializing time — how many rich people are planning for the eventual collapse of European society.
Not stagnation. Not gradual decline. Collapse.
As in riots, social disarray, plundering, and chaos. A non-trivial number of these people think the rioting in places such as Greece and England is just the tip of the iceberg, and they have plans — if bad things begin to happen — to escape to jurisdictions ranging from Australia to Costa Rica (several of them remarked that they no longer see the U.S. as a good long-run refuge)…”
go here for the rest of this sobering spin: Likely Collapse of the Euro Leads to Second Amendment Lessons.
There are two possible scenarios for the beginning of hard times:
- One: You have some money and many of the local stores are still open for business;
- Two: You don’t have any money, or you do have some money but the stores are all closed…. go here
via What to Do Right Now if the Hard Times Have Begun and You are Not Prepared by Robert Wayne Atkins, P.E. – Grandpappy.